Île-de-France Mobilités makes dynamic data available in the PRIM data catalog in the form of APIs. The 6 APIs currently available on PRIM can be divided into two main categories, depending on the source of the data:
- The APIs of the Platform Île-de-France Mobilitéswhich are fed by the relay Informations Voyageurs en Temps Réel (IVTR)
- The APIs Calculator Ile-de-France Mobilités that rely on Navitia
Navitia is the multimodal, real-time passenger information system that feeds data distributed on the Île-de-France Mobilités media (the Île-de-France Mobilités mobile app, the "Me déplacer", etc.).
In the interests of uniformity and completeness of the data made available to reusers, the Navitia APIs (Calculator Ile-de-France Mobilités - Generic access, Calculator Ile-de-France Mobilités - Isochrones and Calculator Ile-de-France Mobilités - Trafic messages) displayed on PRIM are now based on the same coverage used for Ile-de-France Mobilités media, in place of the coverage "fr-idf" scheduled to be decommissioned at the end of February 2024.
Benefits of the new coverage for Navitia APIs
This change of coverage brings the following benefits to Navitia APIs:
- It has certain evolutions already developed by Navitia technology and not present on the current fr-idf coverage namely:
- Where to position yourself at metro train level to optimize your connections at stations and station exits
- Real-time updates of timetables, deletions and additions of runs for journeys using RER and Train lines.
- It features enhancements to the new Itinerary search calculation engine, with more relevant, richer trip results and improved performance.
- It will also feature the evolutions planned for the 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
What's changing in terms of the URLs for calling Navitia APIs?
An important element to take into account is thatthe new coverage will no longer be visible in the URLs of call requests to the 3 Navitia APIs on the PRIM platform, as is the case today with the fr-idf coverage. An example of the Generic Navitia API in pictures:
A double step has been implemented to facilitate the switchover to the new coverage
The 3 Navitia APIs will be available and broadcast on PRIM with the two coverages: the old fr-idf coverage and the new coverage, during a transition period from mid-January to the end of February. The aim of this period is to enable users to fully familiarize themselves with the operation and content of the new Navitia URLs.
At the end of February, all APIs based on fr-idf coverage will be decommissioned and will no longer be queryable, in favor of the new URLs.